I love Christmas very much. In fact, Christmas is the most cheerful festival of the year for me simply because I love to see Christmas trees deck with silver and gold glittered hanging ornaments, colourful lights, presents wrapped in attractive colorful paper and ribbons under the trees, Christmas socks, Christmas hats, Christmas teddy bears on the trees and many more decorative cute-cute Christmas items everywhere. Growing up in a Christian home, we never had a Christmas tree at home, not that we can't afford one but growing up a charismatic believer, I was told about Christmas tree and santa have no Christian roots at all.
We all know that today's Christmas is typically the largest annual economic stimulus for many nations where most shopping malls put up Christmas decor and promotions to entice shoppers to boost their sales as people purchase gifts, decorations, and supplies because Christmas is also believed to be the time of giving and family togetherness.
The most beautiful Christmas I had was in Singapore one year where spectacular Christmas lights and decorations brighten up the streets of Orchard Road. My nephew asked one day about why we don't have Santa in Sibu, I told him it's because Santa has to wear thick outfits when he travels, he can't take the hot sun in our country and his sleigh can't travel far *lol. I reckon it's too difficult to explain to him that the truth about santa is, he is not St. Nicolas "in disguise".
I've to admit I've too much (holiday) time on hands at the moment, went out cruising into town and took some shots of Christmas trees at town square although not many trees are up yet at this moment and came up with this video, 'I'm dreaming of the white Christmas' can't find an appropriate Christmas song to fit in, actually.
We all know that today's Christmas is typically the largest annual economic stimulus for many nations where most shopping malls put up Christmas decor and promotions to entice shoppers to boost their sales as people purchase gifts, decorations, and supplies because Christmas is also believed to be the time of giving and family togetherness.
The most beautiful Christmas I had was in Singapore one year where spectacular Christmas lights and decorations brighten up the streets of Orchard Road. My nephew asked one day about why we don't have Santa in Sibu, I told him it's because Santa has to wear thick outfits when he travels, he can't take the hot sun in our country and his sleigh can't travel far *lol. I reckon it's too difficult to explain to him that the truth about santa is, he is not St. Nicolas "in disguise".
I've to admit I've too much (holiday) time on hands at the moment, went out cruising into town and took some shots of Christmas trees at town square although not many trees are up yet at this moment and came up with this video, 'I'm dreaming of the white Christmas' can't find an appropriate Christmas song to fit in, actually.
For your viewing pleasure.
My video shooting skills have improved a little bit, at least it's less shaky compares to the previous ones :)
My video shooting skills have improved a little bit, at least it's less shaky compares to the previous ones :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment