Breakfast At Somerset...

Saturday, October 11, 2008
Somerset serviced department hotel offers complimentary breakfast included every morning... telling you first, don't expect too much. Honestly, from my observation I get to see almost the same breakfast at almost every morning there. I overheard a woman telling her partner in Hokkien dialect one morning while walking into the breakfast buffet lounge, "Siang eh mik kia'..." (the same thing again) buns and toasts, fried rice or noodles (mee hoon), hard boiled eggs, cereals and vegetable salads. I'd consider that basic but sufficient. I do hope for something more that suits my taste buds, how about, Kuih Chap or Choon sisters' Laksa :)

I had some salads for the bright early morning breakfast added in one hard boiled egg....

...some buns and a cup of coffee to keep me staying alert. I am ready to tour the city :)

Heading down the city! I can feel the welcoming atmosphere in Kuching or maybe best describe with my limited vocabulary as a vibrant and cosmopolitan city, is the city I want to be, is my birth place...

The morning drive brought me as far as Tabuan and back to have a chance to drop by at Choice Daily Premier which is new to me apart from the one I used to go at Tabuan Stutong.

I simply find Choice Daily has what I'm always looking for, range of imported vegetables from Australia to mention first, not that I can compare to what the OZ people and us are eating but better choice of variety of most daily consume products are available there, convenient and ready-to-cook marinated with spices steaks, chicken and lamb chops.

Choice's little bunny (baby carrots) and marinated lamb shoulders.

Wedges for lazy Saturday and Sunday afternoons with lots of movie to catch up..
Or maybe it's time to stock up food in the fridge and go hibernating *hehe!

Some herbs for flavor in my cooking.

Somehow I do realise, I know my previous post did mention about branded concept shopping "either for 'definitely' boost your ratings in the society or the more expensive the things are, the longer they last?" it does not referring me bashing branded consumerism or protest against branded goods, it was rather simply a quote as I do go for both branded and non-branded things depend on how much I can afford one.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde Sands • Ping • Lebanese Girls