Kuching City Centre Skyline at Dusk

Thursday, October 9, 2008
I was young, the first country outside of Malaysia I went to alone by myself was Singapore many years ago, I do admit I carry with me small town girl's mentality then to a big city far away that worried most were my parents thinking- if I'd be alright all by myself in a foreign land and with people I barely knew. I remember taking buses and managing things on my own and I remember how one day on a bus, I gave an old lady a dollar coin for her bus fare because she'd had not enough with her... I remember I reached Singapore the city has a skyline of tall skyscrapers above its busy docks. And I can't remember of ever being scared....

I can't actually remember why I started my post with this part of my once upon a time's journal. I guess, my life learning experience started somewhere from there where I hear a whisper of more on independent rather than freedom and it's interesting to look back into the past that may turn around to find the future. As I remember reading of all the quotes, The Lion King has one that says, "Never run away from the past, face it and learn from it..." while gazing too frequently into the past we may turn around to find the future has run out on us somewhere, somehow... :))) Am I making any sense?

***

I met a guy. Well, I didn't actually meet a guy because there wasn't any conversation going on between us rather, I saw a guy at Somerset's rooftop swimming pool while I was on my way to the gym. He was getting a fix on nicotine while looking out over the breathtaking view of north part of the city from 16th floor Somerset Gateway.

Pic: At Somerset rooftop swimming pool.

I came out from the gym and he was still standing as if he hasn't budged a bit from his position the moment I saw him. I assumed he's done with his puff and staring far concentrating as if he can figure out what's on far away there city on the horizon.

Pic: Kuching waterfront and across river Petra Jaya on the horizon and Kuching football? field on the left.

I walked passing by him headed to the Sauna room and sat inside in hot warps for 15mins came out later feeling I've just sweated out toxins from my body and my muscles warmed and feeling relaxed.

I just had a nice dip in their shallow (about waist level) swimming pool and the sunset (around 6.00-6.15pm) view caught my eye.

I went back to the apartment for my SE cyber-shot and from the rooftop swimming pool area...

the city center skyline at dusk.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde Sands • Ping • Lebanese Girls