The party was an advance birthday celebration for two of our team members before we go on our separate ways to head home for some of us or for the weekend break somewhere on the following day. We had it at our site office, Sibu. It was a nice one...
We ordered dishes from a restaurant in Sibu (not sure which restaurant as I won't know of any anyway if I will to ask) and a birthday chocolate cake came in a Big Thumb Cake House's box.
We ordered dishes from a restaurant in Sibu (not sure which restaurant as I won't know of any anyway if I will to ask) and a birthday chocolate cake came in a Big Thumb Cake House's box.
We had eight-course meal. As figure “8” which symbolizes the idea of immeasurable pleasure and infinity. In a typical Chinese meal when it comes to celebrate a birthday, long strand of noodles symbolises longevity is a must. We had fried long strand noodles Foochow style or in Chinese Hokkien, it's known as Mee Sua and Soh Mien in Foochow.
The eight-course meal consists of eight succulent dishes of one steamed herbs chicken, butter prawns, crabs, mixed vegetables, sweet sour pork, wasn't sure either baked or roasted pork leg and steamed fish and someone came with a 'pansuh' (Bamboo chicken) from Ramadha bazaar that made nine dishes actually and “9” also a homonym for the word "everlasting".
I was told (not related to the birthday) about auspicious numbers phenomena that Samling (one of the big Timber Company in northern Sarawak) has for most of their company's vehicles driven by their high officers' with car plate numbers 3099 (Sarawak plates) or homonym for Samling forever/everlasting.
The eight-course meal consists of eight succulent dishes of one steamed herbs chicken, butter prawns, crabs, mixed vegetables, sweet sour pork, wasn't sure either baked or roasted pork leg and steamed fish and someone came with a 'pansuh' (Bamboo chicken) from Ramadha bazaar that made nine dishes actually and “9” also a homonym for the word "everlasting".
I was told (not related to the birthday) about auspicious numbers phenomena that Samling (one of the big Timber Company in northern Sarawak) has for most of their company's vehicles driven by their high officers' with car plate numbers 3099 (Sarawak plates) or homonym for Samling forever/everlasting.
*





0 comments:
Post a Comment