I was at Sg. Merah bazaar sometime in the last week. Sg. Merah is also known as site of the earliest Chinese settlements in Sibu. Besides it well maintained Wong Nai Siong Memorial Park, new shophouses sprung up like mushroom after the rains in every corner, old rows of wooden shops line the sidewalk selling all kinds of fruit from local to imported ones can still be seen at the bazaar.
The busy afternoon view at Sg. Merah bazaar, where vendors open up their stalls selling all kind of local cakes and fritters for the 'berbuka puasa' (Muslim fasting month)
The blue and white color building that looks like a police department building is Sibu Methodist Philanthropic Association's building at Sg. Merah following the early migration of Christian Chinese Foochow to Sibu from China.
A pic, I was standing in front of a mini pos office at Sg. Merah bazaar when I saw this interesting scenario of a Foochow boy about the age of 12-13 setting up a stall selling cakes and fritters in the afternoon. I went closer for a look and observed him heating up cooking oil in a big wok like he's an expert in doing it already.
Deep fried meat dumpling we had.
I was told the population of Henghua Chinese reside mostly here following the opening of Sibu town during their migration times. Sg. Merah bazaar as it looks like to me is a busy bazaar in the morning.
The blue and white color building that looks like a police department building is Sibu Methodist Philanthropic Association's building at Sg. Merah following the early migration of Christian Chinese Foochow to Sibu from China.
A pic, I was standing in front of a mini pos office at Sg. Merah bazaar when I saw this interesting scenario of a Foochow boy about the age of 12-13 setting up a stall selling cakes and fritters in the afternoon. I went closer for a look and observed him heating up cooking oil in a big wok like he's an expert in doing it already.
*
*
At noon we had lunch at Mitsu Tea House known to be famous for it roasted duck rice, and I ordered clay pot chicken mushroom rice. I don't give compliments on food so much on my blog neither am I good in giving reviews about food. But I kind of tasted some fish smell taste in my chicken mushroom rice to that I pushed aside my rice after halfway through and ordered side dish of deep fried meat dumplings.Deep fried meat dumpling we had.
At Mitsu Tea House...





0 comments:
Post a Comment