'Guleng Pia'

Friday, July 4, 2008
Check out the World Clock (it's a forwarded email sent by a friend) I'm not sure how reliable is the source or how true is this, but note the numbers of oil pumped.


Our USB Celcom modem has not been complaining so far. Not like we were told Celcom broadband sucks! Well to be honest, it has given us better performance then the old 3.6mb/s broadband device we've got earlier on and this even allows download movies successfully.
That's for the Celcom broadband. This one cost us RM599 with the date purchased tag still on it.

---@---

A couple of days ago, I dream I was walking on a hectic street in the hub of busy and dusty Manila city with a friend, in our vicinity we saw people moving non-stop. And the other day before, I was driving a Filipino friend to a bank in the town while passing by Sibu’s post office we saw crowd of people jamming into Sibu’s main post office waiting to receive their road-tax rebates, an attempt from the government to cushion the blow of the recent fuel hike.
So I was telling the friend, due to shocking fuel hike our government is rebating us RM620 a vehicle for 2000cc and below and RM150 for a motorbike. To that the friend replied, 'oh, that’s good. That could never happen in our country (Philippines) the irony, of course, is that the government is corrupt we all know that.'

In view of fuel hike, although I can save a lot from spending on meals as our meals are being provided by the company and home cook nevertheless I'm beginning to feel the pinch. Sigh~
Looking out from our home-office, I couldn’t understand why Sibu Municipal Council has yet to provide every home a green trash bin like they do in Kuching and Miri which is also giving a better and cleaner environment.

We all know, the bad thing about using the black rubber trash bins with the bin' caps usually went out of sharp or went missing after a while. The annoyance stray dogs digging out the trash bins for food, spilling rubbish over the streets and an eye sore of dirty disgusting look outside the house. Rubbish all over and disturbance of stray dogs prowling the streets, unwanted pups and noisy dog fights at night. Wait, isn't that sound like street kids phenomena?

And Sibu town with no animal shelters to keep the unwanted dogs and 'cruel' killing that raised havoc by SSPCA (The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). Seriously everyone loves cute dogs but not everyone wants smelly stray dogs prowling around near their house. So what do you reckon? We, ended up keeping an unwanted stray dog in return to guard our office house and vehicles park at the house compound due to many incidents of missing vehicles lately in Sibu.
---@---
Recently one of us in the office bought plenty of flaky cookies back to Kuching to be distributed among friends in Kuching according to him.
Seeing that I was curious and asked him what’s so special about the cookies. He told me they are called ‘Guleng Pia’. It's flaky puff stuffed with crumbly texture of mixed milk powder, butter and sugar. Apart from it messy eating and small pieces all over the place, the truth is its kidda addictive.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde Sands • Ping • Lebanese Girls