It was those times, I wasn't working but catching the Columbian telenovela on TV3 a lot in the afternoon on the couch at home although couldn't understand any word they were saying but reading on the Malay subtitle to follow with the movie. I was so much into their way of fashion, hairstyles and hair color.


Henna brown highlights
I love having my hair highlighted, strip color brown, blond over black hair over and over again. But believe me I don't spend a lot on coloring and highlighting each time except for rebonding and straightening which left me sad most of the time after the procedures especially the hair thinning look. Not kindda of thinning hairstyle can completely alter the look but it's more like losing lot of hair.
My first hair highlights turned out to have my boss telling me 'you look like those girls at 'warong' (food stall) 'puo'k kampua' (in foochow making foochow's dry noodles)' I think he meant Lala or Ah Lian. It was a miserable mixed color more like of yellow dead weeds on my head.
An Iban girl.
When I was a kid, those who have yellow hair are those kids exposing themselves too much under the hot sun. Thus when I saw one later, what come to my mind was an Iban boy I knew from school who had spent many hours with his parents on their farm during school breaks and returned to school with his sunburn damaged hair and darkened skin. But today that sort of color is a trend for young people.
I love having my hair highlighted, strip color brown, blond over black hair over and over again. But believe me I don't spend a lot on coloring and highlighting each time except for rebonding and straightening which left me sad most of the time after the procedures especially the hair thinning look. Not kindda of thinning hairstyle can completely alter the look but it's more like losing lot of hair.
My first hair highlights turned out to have my boss telling me 'you look like those girls at 'warong' (food stall) 'puo'k kampua' (in foochow making foochow's dry noodles)' I think he meant Lala or Ah Lian. It was a miserable mixed color more like of yellow dead weeds on my head.
When I was a kid, those who have yellow hair are those kids exposing themselves too much under the hot sun. Thus when I saw one later, what come to my mind was an Iban boy I knew from school who had spent many hours with his parents on their farm during school breaks and returned to school with his sunburn damaged hair and darkened skin. But today that sort of color is a trend for young people.
It was in Kuching later I found out my Malay friends don't buy over-the-counter dye colors to color their hair instead they use inai (henna). Inai is known to me for Menhdi (Malay weddings hands tattoos) but not as hair dye until not only my Malay friends use them as hair dye, my Indian friends and a lecturer and a friend from UITM who told me about inai hair colors.
Inai (Henna) is an all-natural, safe hair dye that permanently colors hair without harsh chemicals.
Henna leave produces a red-orange dye molecule, this molecule has an affinity for bonding with protein, and thus has been used to dye skin, hair, fingernails, leather, silk and wool. (wiki) Henna does not leave my hair dry. According to resources I found, henna is commercially cultivated in western India, Pakistan, Morocco, Yemen, Iran, Sudan and Libya. Presently the Pali district of Rajasthan is the most heavily cultivated henna production area in India, with over 100 henna processors operating in Sojat City.
Interesting, in the Bible's Song of Songs and Song of Solomon, henna is referred to as Camphire was used as hair dye from as early as in the Bible times.

Try this mixture for better result:
Henna has many traditional and commercial uses, the most common being as a dye for hair, skin and fingernails, as a dye and preservative for leather and cloth, and as an anti-fungal.
The only place I know where to get henna hair dye in Kuching is, (they are available plentifully) at India Street, Kuching in any one of those Indian spices shops near Kuching Waterfront for only less then RM2.00 or most per-pack or 6 packages in a box. Henna is approved by Malaysia Ministry of Health as safe to use products. (get a genuine with Export Quality label on it)
The only place I know where to get henna hair dye in Kuching is, (they are available plentifully) at India Street, Kuching in any one of those Indian spices shops near Kuching Waterfront for only less then RM2.00 or most per-pack or 6 packages in a box. Henna is approved by Malaysia Ministry of Health as safe to use products. (get a genuine with Export Quality label on it)
Henna powder, warm water, lime juice 1 teaspoon. Stir into thick paste. Lime juice is added to help release the color. Let it stand for at least once hour before applying on your hair.
0 comments:
Post a Comment