I was at the Sibu Municipal Council's Multi-Storey Car Park this morning to settle compound fine for (again) another parking offence I had since July this year. This was my second parking fine in Sibu for ignorance of parking (not the regulations) to display parking tickets on Saturday. And there goes my RM20!
Anyway, I just realised the Multy-Storey car park has got a new facelift, they have swan(s) (can't remember how many swans are there) the Sibu's symbol drew on the building in blue.
After had settled for the fine, and as the Multiy-Storey car park is only a few seconds away from the Sibu Post Office, I decided to cross over to the Post Office for the Merdeka Day's first day cover I've heard from somewhere but can't recall where. Unfortunately the notice at the stamps counter stated, 'F.D.C sudah habis dijual' (F.D.C sold out) assuming everyone knows what F.D.C stands for while I was figuring it should be talking about First Day Cover, I walked to the counter and asked for first day cover anyway.

Anyway, I just realised the Multy-Storey car park has got a new facelift, they have swan(s) (can't remember how many swans are there) the Sibu's symbol drew on the building in blue.
After had settled for the fine, and as the Multiy-Storey car park is only a few seconds away from the Sibu Post Office, I decided to cross over to the Post Office for the Merdeka Day's first day cover I've heard from somewhere but can't recall where. Unfortunately the notice at the stamps counter stated, 'F.D.C sudah habis dijual' (F.D.C sold out) assuming everyone knows what F.D.C stands for while I was figuring it should be talking about First Day Cover, I walked to the counter and asked for first day cover anyway.

Sigh! the first day cover sold out. So I asked for newest 1Malaysia stamps.
Stamp collecting is an old-school hobby for me. I can't remember the last time I bought one first day cover, I did have several I collected in the early teen years but have left them somewhere. I've also collected stamps after that but later they were mainly for my niece.

Stamp collecting is an old-school hobby for me. I can't remember the last time I bought one first day cover, I did have several I collected in the early teen years but have left them somewhere. I've also collected stamps after that but later they were mainly for my niece.

I can't exactly remember when, but there was one time she asked if I can buy her a stamp album. We don't get letters in mailbox that often anymore lately. So, I thought maybe I should revive the stamp collecting hobby again although had felt it was such an out of date when a youth in our group of youth described her hobby as stamp collecting about a year ago in a youth meet. Everyone was going, worrr, errr... isn't that sound a bit out of date? 

In the old days before the computer, practically everyone at school was into pen pals exchanging letters and stamp collecting hobbies. I have all the 13 states of Malaysia stamps at 9 and was proud of it :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment