The 'I Don't Care-lar' Attitude

Friday, August 21, 2009
While driving the project bosses from RH Hotel to the airport yesterday, looking to right, then left, then right again several of times, I was trying to figure out how to get out of RH area to the main road that leads to the airport road from the compact town. To that, one of the bosses suspected I was probably struggling with road directions, he asked, 'still not familiar with Sibu roads?' Sheepishly I smiled and answered, 'I don't usually come out'.

The main contractor has contracted us with another new project soon after the previous project was completed ahead of schedule in Sibu last November, 3 more projects were then given to us which will keep us busy.

Workers 'I don't care' attitude. Soon after they moved into the house we rented, I found outside the house littered with cigarette butts and a pile inside the drain just outside one of the rooms downstairs.

As sub-contractor, we sub-contracted another small company mainly doing piling and foundation work. And that consist of another team together with our team, being the sub-contractor we usually provide lodging, a place to stay for our sub-sub-contractor workers and their foremen too. We rented a semi-d house, fully furnished. Instead of seeing the workers appreciate one of the benefits provided, we encountered their 'don't care-lar attitude' which would give us a bad image.

A month ago when the work was still going on, I saw empty drums, empty oil buckets, used tyres outside the semi-d house, assuming they would clear them right after they have finished their works. A week ago after they have all left, I came back to the house and the same drums, empty oil buckets, used tyres are still at the exact spot as where I first saw them, now almost covered by lush grass.

The rain has filled the bottom of the empty oil buckets that would be a perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes.

And total eye sore, beer cans lying all over the place despite the big rubbish bin was placed just outside the house.

Don't you just hate this 'don't care-lar' attitude?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde SandsPingLebanese Girls