Chilling morning breeze, kinda makes my brain freeze... it's GOOD! change is good. I used to wake up to the sound of water rushing on shore at Luak Bay, Miri... to the sound of birds chipping, to woody woodpeckers pecking and squirrels chasing each other across roof top and climbing up and down the rain gutters in spiraling ascents.
And I had one drastic change of atmosphere after I'd moved to Sibu town where on hectic working days I see young men grumpy on the streets running about their hectic day-to-day lives in the compact town and their young girls whining and cranky just about anything from food to fun, guilds to law and order, life as in like a medieval town and from the sound of the sea, sea breezes, birds singing and crickets chirping voices at night to a neighbor's one Foochow mother yelling and scolding her children that can be heard across town made one good early morning alarm clock.
Chilling morning... had me woke me up early to see sunrise. Had a cup of coffee while looking out the window the views of city with it people in it, a city defined by its people, they looked small from on high don't they? Getting their day starts in fast paced life with sign of 'stress' drawn across their foreheads *probably..... I am on my table working. Gonna get some Big Apple donuts :)
And I had one drastic change of atmosphere after I'd moved to Sibu town where on hectic working days I see young men grumpy on the streets running about their hectic day-to-day lives in the compact town and their young girls whining and cranky just about anything from food to fun, guilds to law and order, life as in like a medieval town and from the sound of the sea, sea breezes, birds singing and crickets chirping voices at night to a neighbor's one Foochow mother yelling and scolding her children that can be heard across town made one good early morning alarm clock.
Chilling morning... had me woke me up early to see sunrise. Had a cup of coffee while looking out the window the views of city with it people in it, a city defined by its people, they looked small from on high don't they? Getting their day starts in fast paced life with sign of 'stress' drawn across their foreheads *probably..... I am on my table working. Gonna get some Big Apple donuts :)

I pulled out one gray hair out of my head, my gray hair the proper indicator of old age... :) in the mid of doing so, I wonder what's good for lunch today.
***
Sarawak Club also known as a family club of excellence and prestige, reputedly one of the oldest private membership clubs in the whole of Malaysia *wow! With the club membership about RM15k by now and club member monthly fees of about RM45 if I'm not wrong as I'd just over heard it at the dinner.I waited 15mins for him, at least make a tour around the Club to see if I am truthful in my words... he didn't show up.
The fire on that night destroyed many memory items Sarawak Club kept mostly from the reigning period of the White Rajahs. However some burnt in the fire items were derived from after the fire in ashes and a History Corner was built to place them.

Left picture: Trophies and medals from the early White Rajahs' time golf tournaments saved from the fire.

Left picture: 130 years old bricks from the old building. Right picture: more of the burnt golf tournaments trophies.


Remains of old building brick walls after the fire.


Left picture: Burnt spoons and forks from aged as old as the White Rajahs' time. Right picture: Burnt coin box.


Left picture: Sarawak Club's history book stores the history of Sarawak and it White Rajahs. Right picture: List of past presidents of the Club.






0 comments:
Post a Comment