Sibu Town Square Ramadhan Bazaar

Tuesday, September 16, 2008
That afternoon after lunch, we left office and headed towards the town in a warm, bright sunny skies. The rain still held off, although it drizzled a bit here and there. Sibu as it's known (also) for it's Foochow-ness (I somehow had read from somewhere, someone stated, 'I’ve lived among them (Foochow) to actually confirm their typical Foochow-ness.' And to be honest, I'd lived among them since childhood till I finished my secondary school. Nevertheless, I speak the dialect like one lost child of a Foochow) besides its BIGGEST MARKET, LARGEST TOWN SQUARE AND TALLEST BUILDING Sarawak has, made it an enviable record of accomplishment as a 2,229.8 square kilometers town in Sarawak.

That afternoon, I left a friend in CIMB to deal with some transactions to take a walk at Ramadhan Bazaar just a stroll away through a walk over a wooden bridge across the monsoon drain behind CIMB to where the make-shift stalls selling food for Ramadhan's 'berbuka puasa' can be seen from the distance.
*

In Sarawak, every year during Ramadhan (Muslim’s fasting month), we will have a lot of Ramadhan Bazaars selling food for 'berbuka puasa' (break fast) where all the rare delicacies can be seen a lot of which can only be found during the month of Ramadhan :)

At Ramadhan Bazzar, where stall vendors selling traditional and modern Malay cakes, desserts, Malay food delicacies ie Malay Curry, Rendang etc etc..., popular Sarawak kek lapis and rainbow-color Jelly or agar-agar.

Colorful cakes I'd buy ;)

Delicious crunchy Indian cookies also got, I'd eat ;)

And I ended the afternoon walk at the bazaar, strolled back with bags of cakes I bought and stopped by Rita Cafe for a cup of nice and cooling ABC (Air Batu Campur) while waiting for a friend's call to inform she's done with her task at CIMB where she'd join me at Rita's. It was a relax afternoon out, a gladness to see the sun shining down on me :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde Sands • Ping • Lebanese Girls