Sibu after days of rains, the sky is clear but it's been freaking hot these days like the sun has came closer to the earth! I woke up feel like jumping into the calm, cool water lake for a dip.
Olympic Games 080808 starts tomorrow, we have beers filled up our little fridge in the office house for the Olympic Opening Night and a friend is getting married in Kuching on that day. Wait! it's tomorrow :) Congrats, congrats, and congrats!!!
It was a nice sunny day. I was having my morning coffee and reading some online news when I saw our Sesco's Kembara coming in, the guys came home with their market stuffs :)
They headed to the kitchen and started to get themselves busy. Slicing the spearfish into small slices skillfully which I may not be able to do while the other working on the ingredients for Umai.
(Pic) Preparing Tomyam Fish Head ingredients. 'Pound all the ingredients including the 'belacan' too.' Old style of preparing pounded ingredients with 'chengkutui' (stone mortars) grandmother's traditional way of preparing cooking ingredients.
Don't look down on the stone mortars, our Fish Head Tomyam soup turned out delicious....
The day before, I bought a Sultan fish (fresh water fish) and our office's Lulu (dog) had it for his dinner last night. Unfortunately. I was later informed, our guys are sea adventure who would rather go fishing in the open sea than playing snooker at one of the entertainment outlets during their weekend off and have knowledge about fishes.
They can tell of the huge difference in taste between sea, river, pond and fresh water fish. I was only a eater eating whatever there is served on the table. Didn't know they don't eat river and fresh water fish for a reason~
Olympic Games 080808 starts tomorrow, we have beers filled up our little fridge in the office house for the Olympic Opening Night and a friend is getting married in Kuching on that day. Wait! it's tomorrow :) Congrats, congrats, and congrats!!!
Look! Who's COOKING!
When the men are in the kitchen, they are either eating or looking for food to eat. Believe it, real man can cook~ Although our office kitchen's lacking of all cooking equipment necessities but food served out of our kitchen are healthy. No 'ajinomoto' :P
Sometimes ago, one of us from the team returned from his Mukah's trip, I jokingly demanded for my 'Umai'... he looked at me bashfully rather feeling sorry for not getting me those Umai from Mukah :P Feeling he could have owed me something, he went out to Sibu big market early in the morning with the other two guys and came back with a BIG 3kg (Behka Hu) spearfish costing RM56, just for Umai. Omg!!! (Behka is one of the best fish, mild, delicate flavored fish use in making fishballs.)
When the men are in the kitchen, they are either eating or looking for food to eat. Believe it, real man can cook~ Although our office kitchen's lacking of all cooking equipment necessities but food served out of our kitchen are healthy. No 'ajinomoto' :P
Sometimes ago, one of us from the team returned from his Mukah's trip, I jokingly demanded for my 'Umai'... he looked at me bashfully rather feeling sorry for not getting me those Umai from Mukah :P Feeling he could have owed me something, he went out to Sibu big market early in the morning with the other two guys and came back with a BIG 3kg (Behka Hu) spearfish costing RM56, just for Umai. Omg!!! (Behka is one of the best fish, mild, delicate flavored fish use in making fishballs.)
*
It was a nice sunny day. I was having my morning coffee and reading some online news when I saw our Sesco's Kembara coming in, the guys came home with their market stuffs :)
They headed to the kitchen and started to get themselves busy. Slicing the spearfish into small slices skillfully which I may not be able to do while the other working on the ingredients for Umai.
(Pic) Preparing Tomyam Fish Head ingredients. 'Pound all the ingredients including the 'belacan' too.' Old style of preparing pounded ingredients with 'chengkutui' (stone mortars) grandmother's traditional way of preparing cooking ingredients.
Don't look down on the stone mortars, our Fish Head Tomyam soup turned out delicious....
~~@~~
They can tell of the huge difference in taste between sea, river, pond and fresh water fish. I was only a eater eating whatever there is served on the table. Didn't know they don't eat river and fresh water fish for a reason~





0 comments:
Post a Comment