A Crocodile's Post

Wednesday, July 9, 2008
One of our site supervisors came back reporting the swamp land slumping at one of the tower sites need some adjustment on the actual tower's drawing so the tower can be adjusted a little away from the slumping land with that he complained with his facial expression of fear, '...it's dangerous, too many crocodiles there'. Nevertheless by now the crocodile phenomena isn't something new anymore for them.
That however sparked me back remembering a Malay drama I once watched on TV3 sometimes ago in Miri that tickled me when a guy on the TV said something about 'buaya' (crocodiles) in his broken English, 'Clear water don't think no buaya!' or translated directly from Malay idiom, 'Air yang tenang jangan disangkakan tiada buaya!' Meaning something like, just because something looks good and people tell its good doesn't mean it actually is (referring to someone).
...and here the workers row their boats to reach the worksite across the river.
The scene of workers on their way to work.

---@---

I drove to Sibu Airport last night to send someone off to catch his flight to Kuching, (Sarawak) and find driving alone at night back from Sibu Airport need more than some basic precautions I can take.... the bumpy road is unavoidable, many years still under construction road is still under construction. That 20-30 mins drive on a road without street lights creeps me out a bit.

And I should complain, I should as a citizen of Malaysia, I should, if we can build huge Bakun dam with huge-megavolt of electricity, we even sell them to West Malaysians in Peninsular why can't we have street lights on our poor co-called Trans-Borneo Highway like the west Malaysians do after all we are also required to pay all kind of taxes? If you have ever drove Trans-Borneo highway Kuching-KK or even only to Miri, you would understand what I mean. And Sibu, a timber-rich town and Sarawak with the availability of vast competitively-priced land and rich reserves of natural resources, it's sad, Sibu is like a step-son of Sarawak.
Back to the office after the weekend, I saw a new screen monitor on the computer desk... It's something new for me for being a noob-noob in all these technology thingys. And it's so special, we can even watch DVDs without need to have a CPU.
A computer LCD monitor with built-in side loading DVD player. I'm not sure whether this one is new or bought sometimes ago but the price tag is still on it RM888 (Lucky number) We watched Indiana Jones with it that afternoon.

---@---

Raining again in Sibu since yesterday. A few random pictures I took yesterday out of too bored.
Every now and then we never missed Kuching's watermelons and Kuching sweet corns.... Found a carton of Omajeboom beer in the office, I heard it was those cheap Indonesian beer.

My darling nephew just love cameras...
and showing me his new scorpion toy.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde Sands • Ping • Lebanese Girls