It was sometime around this week that I saw the signboard to Marina Bay has already being put up. Giving the direction to Marina Bay Seafood Restaurant.
I had one Marina Bay Seafood lunch today and came to know the soft opening of the new restaurant. It was actually just open barely a week ago. The waitress that attended to me is from Philippines (most workers are Filipinos) we had a little chat while I check on their menu.
At the entrance to the restaurant, Balinese garden lamps along the way leading visitors to the restaurant. As I mentioned on my previous post, the restaurant has the ambiance of Balinese, the Balinese woods carving on the walls, it's a wooden restaurant house and bamboo roofing.
The double storey restaurant housed seafood restaurant on the upstairs and the coffee house at the ground floor (where live band performs and liquors are allowed).
The entrance to the coffee house with Baliness as their theme.
Before I settle for my lunch, I decided to take a little walk around the restaurant (I was probably one of the most earliest customers to arrive on that day and actually it was not even open for lunch yet.)
However, that gave me plenty of time to enjoy the views by the seaside, while waiting for my food to be served, I sat there looking into the greenish-blue sea, the sea breeze except there is no sand beach, boulders are placed along the beach to prevent beach erosion when sea rush on the shore.
The magnificent sea views.
I guess the most romantic moments is the beautiful skyline at sunset. Sometimes you may catch dolphins swimming by in pairs. It creates a romantic moment.
Fishermen on their boats.
Seahorse lighthouse as seahorse is Miri's most famous landmark.
I'm not sure what are these place (next to the restaurant) for, they don't look like chalet either. Look more likely it's going to be a house of spa or something, or maybe conference or meeting rooms.
The setting in the restaurant, it's the sea views that make it so different from other restaurants in the city. Marina Park is still considered an isolated and quiet place away from hectic city's atmosphere. I like it here, it offers you some privacy, quiet and I guess most importantly you don't inhale traffic exhaust fumes like in the city but all you'll get is the salt sea breeze and airy feeling.
Will bring my date here one of these days :)
The front view facing Miri city, the river is clean sometimes the Maritim (Police Marine) boats can be seen patrolling by.
In the morning, most you can hear when the sea is calm and the atmosphere is really quiet is the birds chipping.
And after 30mins my lunch arrived. Fresh Carrot Juice and bow ties seafood/clam pasta.
The bow ties (for me) look more like cooked in one of the local-style delicacies (lots of chopped chilies, spicy and sour soup) the only thing is they called this dish Seafood Pasta.
I had one Marina Bay Seafood lunch today and came to know the soft opening of the new restaurant. It was actually just open barely a week ago. The waitress that attended to me is from Philippines (most workers are Filipinos) we had a little chat while I check on their menu.
At the entrance to the restaurant, Balinese garden lamps along the way leading visitors to the restaurant. As I mentioned on my previous post, the restaurant has the ambiance of Balinese, the Balinese woods carving on the walls, it's a wooden restaurant house and bamboo roofing.
The double storey restaurant housed seafood restaurant on the upstairs and the coffee house at the ground floor (where live band performs and liquors are allowed).
The entrance to the coffee house with Baliness as their theme.Before I settle for my lunch, I decided to take a little walk around the restaurant (I was probably one of the most earliest customers to arrive on that day and actually it was not even open for lunch yet.)
However, that gave me plenty of time to enjoy the views by the seaside, while waiting for my food to be served, I sat there looking into the greenish-blue sea, the sea breeze except there is no sand beach, boulders are placed along the beach to prevent beach erosion when sea rush on the shore.
The magnificent sea views.I guess the most romantic moments is the beautiful skyline at sunset. Sometimes you may catch dolphins swimming by in pairs. It creates a romantic moment.
Fishermen on their boats.
Seahorse lighthouse as seahorse is Miri's most famous landmark.I'm not sure what are these place (next to the restaurant) for, they don't look like chalet either. Look more likely it's going to be a house of spa or something, or maybe conference or meeting rooms.
The setting in the restaurant, it's the sea views that make it so different from other restaurants in the city. Marina Park is still considered an isolated and quiet place away from hectic city's atmosphere. I like it here, it offers you some privacy, quiet and I guess most importantly you don't inhale traffic exhaust fumes like in the city but all you'll get is the salt sea breeze and airy feeling.Will bring my date here one of these days :)
The front view facing Miri city, the river is clean sometimes the Maritim (Police Marine) boats can be seen patrolling by.
In the morning, most you can hear when the sea is calm and the atmosphere is really quiet is the birds chipping.
And after 30mins my lunch arrived. Fresh Carrot Juice and bow ties seafood/clam pasta.
The bow ties (for me) look more like cooked in one of the local-style delicacies (lots of chopped chilies, spicy and sour soup) the only thing is they called this dish Seafood Pasta.
0 comments:
Post a Comment