About a week ago, one of our bosses from Sabah came for a visit. Upon arrival, the first thing he asked was, is there anyone going to Sarikei. I was thinking it could be the work in Sarikei he was concern about until late that day, someone came bringing two big plastic bags of two types of 'mee sua' (Chinese longevity noodle "長壽面"), raw mee sua and dry mee sua and presented them to him. Delighted, 'these are the best!' he said.

(Photo source: Malaysia, My Home on Facebook)
Growing up in Sarikei, we had mee sua at everyone in the family's birthday and CNY. I'd have mee sua at kopitiam every now and then but didn't know until today that Sarikei has the best 'Foochow mee sua' in Sarawak!
Coincidentally, couple of days ago Astrol AEC Chinese channel 301 was promoting 'Malaysia, My Home' documentary featuring Sibu and, Sarikei will be featured this coming Sunday evening. I must be feeling nostalgic, for the first time in my life, I'm proud of Sarikei the little town I grew up in.
Passing by a corner terrace house at Hua Tai on my red lady bicycle when I was younger, I used to see white threads stringing from stand to stand like that of laundry lines, little did I as a young girl then realise that was drying Foochow mee sua. Heh! I'm not a pure Sarikeian.
Coincidentally, couple of days ago Astrol AEC Chinese channel 301 was promoting 'Malaysia, My Home' documentary featuring Sibu and, Sarikei will be featured this coming Sunday evening. I must be feeling nostalgic, for the first time in my life, I'm proud of Sarikei the little town I grew up in.
0 comments:
Post a Comment