Today (or yesterday as it was 1.20am when I finished typing this post) is Winter Solstice or Dong Zhi the thanksgiving of the Chinese calendar. It is an occasion for the family to get together to celebrate the good year they have had. I had my 'tang yuan' (glutinous rice balls) at home in Sarikei today. The baked stuffed (ayam kampung) chicken was awesome!
I drove confidently on a solo drive through Lanang road to Sarikei and took Bintangor road back after Dong Zhi meal, drove around Bintangor town before continuing on to Sibu and did it in one and a half hour. The drive was good and smooth.
I drove confidently on a solo drive through Lanang road to Sarikei and took Bintangor road back after Dong Zhi meal, drove around Bintangor town before continuing on to Sibu and did it in one and a half hour. The drive was good and smooth.
I reached Sarikei after noon. It was funny when I reached this place, I begin to feel as if Sarikei has shrunk. The town looked big when I was a kid. Neh! it was because I've grown up.
There were many times in the past, whenever I was back in Sarikei, I'd always wanted to visit the School I spent my first 8yrs in (2yrs in kindy) I walked around the school for the first time after I'd left and it was like, it's has been a zillion years ago. From the school canteen, the dentist room and the classrooms that I can still remember, they are still at the same exact place as they were when I was still in my navy blue pinafore over white shirt school girl.

I can still remember this classroom so well. I was here (primary 3 Chinese class) and during a certain period of time, I skipped class a lot because I was not well.

The school signboard still look the same as it was many years ago. Looking at it brought me back on how I determined to learn how to spell 'Methodist Anglo Chinese School' by looking at the signboard and spelled the name out in my head every morning as I walked into the school compound until I can spell by memorising. As being in Chinese class, 'Methodist Anglo Chinese School' looked like as if it was such a long name to remember when I was eight.

0 comments:
Post a Comment