The yearly Christmas tree contest, Christmas parade and Christmas events are slowly taking place at Sibu Town Square. Twelve 10ft tall trees brighten up the town square and light up the night with thousands of sparkling lights and ornaments.

We took a walk on Sunny Sunday morning at the town square mainly because of these Christmas trees, and met a guy fixing one of the trees telling us few trees were toppled due to heavy storm that evening. [Sometimes, it seems like I don't bother much about what is being told to me as if I don't care and it's not my problem but in actual fact, I don't know how to convey or response to what had happened.] So, I gave the guy a little grin and said to him, 'ya ka?, tidak apa.' (really? it's ok)


Feeling sorry, although I was thinking it takes the strong wind to blowdown a huge 10-12ft con shaped tree.
Then I walked away busy mending my own business and checking on every Christmas tree there, like a child excited about Christmas!

Then I walked away busy mending my own business and checking on every Christmas tree there, like a child excited about Christmas!
It looks snowy at town square with snowy decorations, symbolises year end winter and winter solstice falls 3 days before Christmas where the Chinese remember the day as 'Tang Yuan', it marks the shortest day and the longest night of the year. In ancient Rome it was believed that the sun god Saturn died on that day and celebrated Saturn's rebirth on the 3rd day where it's known as Christmas today.

It's that time of the year again, Santa is coming too, he will leave his reindeer on the roof while he nips down the chimney. So, you'd better watch out!!!
Here's more pictures of Christmas at Town Square on Youtube with warm Christmas song- chestnuts roasting on an open fire:-)
Here's more pictures of Christmas at Town Square on Youtube with warm Christmas song- chestnuts roasting on an open fire:-)
Enjoy :-)
0 comments:
Post a Comment