Lost Little Brown Puppy

Sunday, November 1, 2009
A lost little brown puppy was barking and growling at its own reflection on the sliding glass door outside the house this morning and now it's sleeping soundly under the car.

When I was like 11 or 12, on a halloween night, I heard a puppy crying inside the drain outside our house it was midnight and it was dark outside the area where we were in Sarikei. Me and my sister, we dared ourselves and tip-toed out of the house to where the sound of the crying puppy came from.

Lost puppy waiting for its owner to fetch it home. If you lost a puppy and recognise this one is yours, do give me a call or else I'd give it up for adoption soon. I shall name it Brown.

When we were near the drain, the crying stopped. Inside the dark drain (by the way, it was a concrete house drain just outside the house) we figured it was something moving but we could not see anything as it was too dark. We squatted down near the drain for a while until I decided to put my hand in to touch which I was very sure it was a puppy. I lifted up the furry thing and it was a puppy soaking wet up to its belly in mud.

We let go the puppy and went straight back home. Surprisingly the next day, the puppy was then covered in dry mud was sleeping outside the house. Dad agreed to keep the puppy after no one came claiming it.

I decided to name the black and white puppy 'brown' when dad interrupted, we shall call the puppy 'Blackie'.

It was Blackie and stayed with us for almost 8 years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde Sands • Ping • Lebanese Girls