Obviously I couldn't count.. hundreds perhaps!
In fact some swiftlets went in to check it out even before that. A few stayed over for the night!
Showing off a newly planted tree.
The final hours - setting up the sound system and the switch board.
Each power amplifier drives about 150 tweeters - total of 600 aprox. installed.
Dome camera & flood lights were installed too.
A friend came visiting and got stuck in mud!
I went to the rescue and slid down the pond's edge - hanging precarious close to the water line. It lost all tractions and impossible to pull out even on 4 wheel drive.
Turned out to be a bigger rescue effort! Chains secured to anchored poles to prevent it sliding down further. Darkness fell and the flood lights just installed a day earlier came in handy.
Another steel pole formed a guide rail on the other side.
A couple more sand bags in place to help regain traction - without these resourceful guys around I wouldn't be able to get it out! The drama was over and you bet I just want a good sleep that night.
Thought I've seen it all how the workers live off the land - until I saw them sampling the crabs caught from rice fields around.
These are destined to the cooking pot!
And this prawn from the deep pond - considered small, the head alone is about 8 cm long!
Its been quite a journey building this farm. How do I sum up my experience?
1. It gave me a lot of satisfaction applying some of my engineering knowledge.
2. It brought me closer to nature, which I truly enjoyed.
3. Last but not least, develop new friendships and bonds in the process.
0 comments:
Post a Comment