An Old Film Camera, Nostalgics

Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I found one of my mom's old monochrome wedding photographs in an old family album, the photo is starting to wear off. I took a little effort to scan it hopping I'll have some times to fix the photo in photoshop one day and preserve the old photographs for future generations.

Remember the old film camera? I believe this photo was taken by a (probably) 30-40 year old classic film camera.

Remember the Konica's adv-phrase that goes, 'say Konica!' instead of 'say cheese!'?

I can still remember my first camera I ever had my dad bought for RM100, it wasn't a Cannon or anything (I can't remember the brand or its model) I'd used through my teenage years on all occasions and on every trip we made. I can still remember that film's vivid smell, few types of film brand name and how many snaps are there in a roll. Remember Kodak, Konica, Puji? I do, until things were turning digital. That limited snaps in a roll of film caused me to always bear in mind on what to snap that worth it. I can't remember how much is a roll of film now, but during my times they cost quite a bit for a student to afford. Thus I think for 24 or 36 snaps of film was expensive then. I treasured all pictures I'd taken even though most of them turned out blurry.

One incident I had was the film didn't roll and I'd took all 36 snaps blankly. During those times with film cameras, you'd usually hear a photographer saying especially before a special event- 'have you checked the film in the camera?'

It was our very first family trip to Cultural Village in Kuching. I just bought the 36 snaps roll of film for the camera, checked the camera and loaded the film unto it. Throughout our stroll in the village I was happily snapping away, I took fantastic views, posses with different things we see, it was an one exciting trip for me.

At the end of the day when I sent the film out to be developed, I was told the film in the camera didn't roll at all- all the while as I snapped away. I remember I did wind the film back into the canister but when it was pulled out to be developed the whole roll of film was blank- all 36 snaps of suppose to be developed precious family photographs, gone! It was truly disappointing to the maxxx then because it was our very first trip to the Cultural Village and considering the entrance fees of RM50 per pax, most probably we won't be making another family trip there again for a long-long time and I've lost every single memory we had there.

I wonder whether any photographers still using these kind of old film still photography cameras? Nostalgic for the good old days ya?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde SandsPingLebanese Girls