Proton First 1000KM Service

Wednesday, August 19, 2009
My new car mileage have clocked 1000KM, 30 days since I took delivery and based on my estimation it runs roughly 33KM a day in Sibu compact town. So far, I enjoy driving my new car.... and would probably consider long distance first Sibu-Kuching after the 1000KM service.

Somehow, I managed to take one shot at the exact moment of 1000KM clocked up after I've parked my car, of course.

As at the moment, I enjoy cruising down a long stretch of road from Airport Road to Bukit Lima and Ulu Sg. Merah to Rantau Panjang mainly because it's the less traffic area. With the new car, I do find the grunt on acceleration but find it smooth and quiet when cruising, I do not have any complaints so far which is a good thing except for a little unfortunate when a small piece of plastic from the new CD cover caught in the slot CD player. HaiZ!

When I told the Proton about the little plastic in the slot CD, they can't do much and I find it's not a big deal either except for a cockroach-crawling-like-noise it makes while playing, not so much an annoying noise and that can be ignored for the time being after all it's one of the warranty car items.

The car servicing took about an hour and I was given information about what required at 1000KM servicing when I check in my car. A clear folder file with a list of prices according to Proton procedure was placed at the counter for easy reference.

Although the service is free of labour charge and according to the initial understanding I need to pay for the windshield wash, Syntium 800SM, gasket plug and transmission oil and that cost me about RM250. I don't know much about car engines, but I do wonder why do I need windshield wash and transmission oil for first 1000KM clocked up.

For the compliments of Petronas Syntium, I took home a 11' casserole after had settled the bill. Not so bad after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde Sands • Ping • Lebanese Girls