Kiosk Chaos

Saturday, August 22, 2009
There is this one particular Shell kiosk in Sibu runs by a group of elderly women probably around their 40-50s (as it seems like). I am the regular to the kiosk every time I need refueling. And find the kiosk attendants are nice, keep their smiles bright on all the time.

It was a lovely Sunday morning, I was thinking of I should get my car refuel so I do not need to rush for refueling on Monday morning especially when Monday blues are creeping in for many people. I dropped by my regular Shell kiosk. Parked my car and I was about to pull the nozzle when I heard an elderly woman shouting on top of her lungs at me through the counter window. I looked at her, she has a frantic look in the face that I wondered what the freak is going on, did I just steal a candy from the store or the worst my car is going to explode. That frantic look had me checking my car first, frantically.

Then I turned around, everyone was looking directly at me. At that moment, I feel like a vulnerable little girl was about to cry... neh, I bluff. I was embarrassed and confused, thinking I may have forgotten my pants or more serious refueling fire was about to happen which I was not aware of. Ok, this is too exaggerating but anyway, seeing the elderly woman shouting continuously and non of the attendants care to tell me what got into her, I walked to the counter to find out what was wrong.

She calmed down and told me the pump is out of service. "Freak!! Why the shouting!?" I said to myself silently and walked back to the car to make sure that I was not blind for not seeing any warnings of 'Out of Service' hanging on the nozzle and took a shot of it then moved to the next pump. On my way out, I saw another car driving to the same pump. However, I left before I had the chance to watch the scene. Wonder if she's going to shout at every customer coming to refuel at that particular pump?

Unprofessional and some people never cease to amaze me, really.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde SandsPingLebanese Girls