In The Heart Of Sibu

Sunday, August 30, 2009
The song, 'tanggal tiga puluh satu, bulan lapan, lima puluh tujuh, merdeka, merdeka, merdeka, ...' by the late popular singer Sudirman runs through and through my head after I've heard it once on TV3 early this week.

We finally have TV antennas we bought for only RM4.90 from SuperSave Store for all the 3 TV sets in each room in the house and one in the study room where we can follow the latest national news live on TV3 and the children can still have their big Sony screen with their favorite 'Si Yang Yang' on Momo Channel.

On Sunday Morning, although it's not me and I rarely want to drive out into the heart of Sibu knowing that the traffic would be crazy on the weekend. I don't know what urged me to cruise into the compact town of Sibu, to see people thronging to the Central Market as if there's a feast going on there, drivers squeezing in between cars and cars crawling through the narrow streets that had me almost felt like-as if I'm going to develop agyrophobia and agoraphobia after that. I just don't know how to describe the actual scene. You have to travel into the heart of Sibu to know what Sibu really is.

At one corner, a whole lot of motorbikes. Didn't know Sibu has a whole lot of motorbikers these days.

Our country is celebrating its 52 years of Independent day tomorrow with all the controversy in this country nowadays, as one opposition party leader puts it, 'What a National Day on Monday! Najib’s 1Malaysia gets drubbing in Permatang Pasir. MCA sacks ChuaSoiLek. SamyVellu in MIC. H1N1 – 71 deaths...' What a National Day. I can feel the grip by an unknown fear.

HI! THAT'S MY CAR!!!!

Living in Malaysia, I grew up hearing the phase, 'bo mata...' when it comes to the way some people park their cars or run through red lights.

And talking about patriotism, patriotism doesn't have to wait till merdeka day. Why rush to SuperSave for cheap RM1-2 car flags when Merdeka Day's approaching? Patriotism, it should always be there if you love your country. Today alone, I saw at least 3 car flags dropped off on the road because the cheap items has low quality adhesive tapes that don't last long.

So, we are 52 years old although some Sarawakians and Sabahans still reckon that we should celebrate Malaysia Day on 16th September, the date Malaysia was formed.

Happy Merdeka Day, Malaysia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde SandsPingLebanese Girls