My First Scrapbook

Sunday, July 26, 2009
When I saw the dusty, rust-eaten binding holes (red ribbon that bind the album eventually came off) velvet red scrapbook of mine again, (which my sister took from among the stuff at my parents house for some family photos my niece is doing for her school project) I remember spending time sitting cross-legged on the floor in the sitting room creating family tree scrapbook on a thick card photo album that I found left abundant together with the rest of the stuff in a box inside the store at our home in Sarikei.

I went through all my parents old monochrome photos my dad kept inside a drawer and managed to put them together. It was an old aged scrapbook on my family tree that I'd created. I was ten.

Inside the scrapbook, on the first page starting with my dad's side of the family.

My grandma and late grandpa Ong Pek Jin with five of their seven sons in Kuching.

My mom's side of the family.

Younger days of dad and mom.

My messy handwritten caption on one of the pages and on each page I remember putting a caption to describe memories and recording important family events and milestones. It cringes me to read what I'd written then. I was ten...

Realising that the old photos would soon fade away and for preserving them, we scanned most of the old photos and sent them to a photo studio in town for old photos repair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde Sands • Ping • Lebanese Girls