

Juvenile Large Niltavas (male above, female below)were all over the place, and I got a brief view of a female Rufous-vented Niltava, which was my second lifer of the trip (no photo though).

Several Streaked Wren-babblers were hopping around on the grass in a most unwren-babbler-like fashion.

A juvenile male Snowy-browed Flycatcher came to join the feast.

Our latest endemic! Robson splits what was formerly Chestnut-crowned Laughingthrush into several species. This one is now called Malayan Laughingthrush. Compare this with another, now called Silver-eared Laughingthrush, which I saw at Doi Inthanon last year.


These were feeding on squashed fruits on the road.

The Golden-throated Barbet was on view again in much better light, and it seemed determined to demonstrate how it got its name!


The joys of digiscoping!

I thought the crown pattern was pretty cool!

A couple of efforts with my DSLR - this one without flash...

...and this one with. You get more feather detail with flash, but it really messes up the greens in my view.
This video shows what a fastidious diner the barbet is. I was struck by the fact that it finished off each fruit before moving onto the next, never leaving part of a fruit uneaten. Waste not, want not!
0 comments:
Post a Comment