From Nabalu bazaar we proceed on to Kinabalu Park situated at 1,585m above sea level, and were told the park is Malaysia's first World Heritage designated by UNESCO in December 2000 for its ‘outstanding universal values’ and role as one of the world’s most important biological sites.
Cool! I think Sabah truly deserves such title of the World Heritage. On the day we flew out of Kota Kinabalu, I looked out the window to see Mount Kinabalu rising majestically. I thought to myself, Kota Kinabalu is surrounded by the majestic beauty of nature, mountains, islands and its beautiful beaches! The land is so blessed!
Anyway, upon arrival at Kinabalu Park, we were led to a building that houses a restaurant (Liwagu Restaurant) and World Heritage Exhibition Centre. It was almost noon and I was expecting lunch.
Cool! I think Sabah truly deserves such title of the World Heritage. On the day we flew out of Kota Kinabalu, I looked out the window to see Mount Kinabalu rising majestically. I thought to myself, Kota Kinabalu is surrounded by the majestic beauty of nature, mountains, islands and its beautiful beaches! The land is so blessed!
Anyway, upon arrival at Kinabalu Park, we were led to a building that houses a restaurant (Liwagu Restaurant) and World Heritage Exhibition Centre. It was almost noon and I was expecting lunch.

When we passed by the restaurant, I peeped inside, longingly for a piece of savoury meat on the mouth watering platter :)


The building is the main entrance to Kinabalu Park and Timpohon Gate (the starting point of the trail to Mt. Kinabalu) arranged nicely with cozy sofa settings, a relaxing and perfect place to rest after a visit to the Park.


Listened partially interested to our tour guide, partially, except for the facts about Mount Kinabalu, I strolled around the exhibition hall on my own. Frankly, I do acknowledge his credibility providing general information about the riches of the park, but being born in the tropical country and had climbed Sarawak's Mount Murud seven times so far, the rainforest and tropical jungle's flora and fauna all seem familiar, and in fact Kinabalu is near to home except that this was our first time to the place.


Our tour guide then led us up the staircases to a hall above the restaurant where an exhibition centre is located that showcases all the parks in Sabah and flora and fauna of Kinablau Park.

extinct birds.
Listened partially interested to our tour guide, partially, except for the facts about Mount Kinabalu, I strolled around the exhibition hall on my own. Frankly, I do acknowledge his credibility providing general information about the riches of the park, but being born in the tropical country and had climbed Sarawak's Mount Murud seven times so far, the rainforest and tropical jungle's flora and fauna all seem familiar, and in fact Kinabalu is near to home except that this was our first time to the place.

We walked a distance from the entrance building until we reached a signboard to Botanical Garden. Passing by another restaurant at the park, I can hear the sound of people chatting, plates and cutlery clinking, and a lively atmosphere and I was hoping to stop and have our lunch yet we passed by Balsam Cafe and through a ticketing hut, we were at the Botanical Garden.


I had no choice but to follow and look around, anticipating the tour and looking for what may interest me, we found wild banana tree and wondered why monkeys don't eat them... our tour guide told us, because the fruit has seeds.
This botanical site is blessed with astonishing variety of flora and fauna that ranges over 4 climate zones; from rich lowland dipterocarp forest through the montane oak, rhododendron, to the coniferous forests, to the alpine meadow plants, and to the stunted bushes of summit zone. (quoted)





0 comments:
Post a Comment