Six months ago when I first tagged along to the Public swimming pool with my nephews and a niece to their swimming lessons. At his first swimming class, my 6yo nephew was trying to swim, but like a trapped bird, he flapped and fluttered trying to float in the water. Not very long after that, he was more of enjoying himself in the water then being instructed to keep flapping his feet, diving once in a while like a fish into the shallow children pool and he did that until he was bored with the children pool.
Any instructor would agree that, naturally with their short attention spans, it's tough to teach children swimming especially when it's at the Public swimming pool with the rest of the public swimming and distracting. From time to time, I can hear the instructor voice shrieked louder to get his young students paying attention.

Any instructor would agree that, naturally with their short attention spans, it's tough to teach children swimming especially when it's at the Public swimming pool with the rest of the public swimming and distracting. From time to time, I can hear the instructor voice shrieked louder to get his young students paying attention.

Now he's stopped children pool with the children he used to train with and he strongly preferred swimming with the older children. Nevertheless, being the youngest among his friends in the pool, he's competitive always driven to win.


In action
This time, I came along and he's promised to show me his 50m achieve, he said he can do. Although he hasn't attained proper swimming strokes yet, he did the 50m for me. Half way through the 50m, he leaped in the air, much like a dolphin with his light body and dived like a fish into the water, surfaced to catch a breath of air and continued swimming again. I wondered how did he do that!
At the end, I gave him a praise and told him he's ready to go snorkeling at Manukan Island this Gawai break :)
This time, I came along and he's promised to show me his 50m achieve, he said he can do. Although he hasn't attained proper swimming strokes yet, he did the 50m for me. Half way through the 50m, he leaped in the air, much like a dolphin with his light body and dived like a fish into the water, surfaced to catch a breath of air and continued swimming again. I wondered how did he do that!
At the end, I gave him a praise and told him he's ready to go snorkeling at Manukan Island this Gawai break :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment