Sunset Over The Mighty Rajang River

Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Cafe Cafe was closed when we reached there in the afternoon, not knowing that it actually closes for business on every Monday. So I suggested we try The Ark Cafe and Gallery :) although comparing between the two eating establishments, I'd prefer Cafe Cafe for its variety Western and Eastern cuisine.

At The Ark Cafe and Gallery however, what excite me would be the sunsets! I suggested a river view seating upstairs on the veranda although the late afternoon heat can still be felt, the boat crews on the boat's deck whistling at us while taking their river bath in their underwear.

We ordered our early dinner, as early as 6pm and being the first few early customers our orders arrived shortly. That was really quick!

Nevertheless, we savor our dinner enjoying every bite to the fullest. Half way through I saw a father and his son trying their luck throwing cast net into the river along the river esplanade and the son carrying an empty plastic bag indicating there's no catch yet so far.

When comes to ordering food, typically, I'd order something suit my taste buds and ordinary, I had Cordon Bleu Chicken which I had had recently that comes with chips, creamy white sauce and salad.

After we've almost done with our food, the sun has started to set gradually.

Despite its murky river water, the mighty Rajang River has the sunset that is almost awesome!

The round orange-coloured sun.

For journal of documentation, this is the first ever sunset I've caught over the mighty Rajang River in Sibu after have been around nearly a year.

Gorgeous, like a poem by David Harris; Just beyond the sunset, "Just beyond the sunset waits someone fair, just beyond the sunset all alone they wait there, their hair is golden, the colour of the sand, their eyes sparkle in the night, like diamonds in your hand." Just a random poem, nothing relevant to my present situation :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde Sands • Ping • Lebanese Girls