The Land Below The Wind

Saturday, April 11, 2009
I was at the departure hall, across me I saw a boy around the age of 3yo was all by himself climbing on the chair by the glass window overlooking the runways while his parents were sitting behind me. The boy then walked towards the edge of the chair, tripped and fell face down unto the concrete floor. The boy cried. The mother shouted from behind me, 'Ahhhhhh!, chingggg Hoooooo!' and laced into the child in the hall of a group of silent people waiting to board the plane. The father hurried to pick the boy up. I looked around, everyone was looking at the mother. Parenting phailed!

It embarrassed me when I can't recognise MAS crews and Airasia crews after had not been boarding a plane for a while, how can I not remember Airasia are all RED!? I walked to gate 4 because that was what showed on the airport's departure monitor. I showed my boarding pass when I reached gate 4 to a guy in light blue and white MAS uniforms and was told the gate is for MAS passengers only. I looked at the departure monitor again, it stated gate 4 but the red plane is at gate 2. Everyone seemed like looking at each other at that point and a lady approached me asking, which gate?

I walked to gate 2 anyway. Found my seat, by the way Airasia now give their passengers seat numbers and pay extra for specified or selected seat numbers, unlike the first time when it was Airasia's free seating policy, passengers can be seen rushing for front seats. I sat next to a lady, and I've probably looked more Foochow now that almost everyone I met for the first time either asked if I'm a Foochow or spoke directly to me in Foochow. We had a little chat and she was telling me about good food in Sabah and the great variety of food available there particularly seafood. Seafood!

The cylinder shaped tower is the Yayasan Sabah tower.

After an hour flight from Sibu to the land below the wind. I finally saw KK from above. Not like I never been to KK but this time around, the bright sky is clear, I can almost see the whole of KK...

After the pilot announced that we were about to land soon, I took out my digicam and started shooting.... :)

The Kampung Ayer from the sky.

Can you spot the island?

Sabah is caressed by the South China Sea on its west and the Sulu and Celebes seas on its eastern coastline.

Can you see the plane? An Airasia plane in the sky from the land below the wind.

At dusk, I finally arrived.

My first view of the Land Below The Wind!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde SandsPingLebanese Girls