A Day in The Life of A 6yo Kindergarten Goer

Friday, April 3, 2009
The light of a new dawn broke through the sky, gray clouds were moving swiftly across the sky and eventually brought forth morning downpour that poured more than an inch of rain in almost two hours whilst everyone was on their usual morning routine.

A large puddle of water built up at the lower areas and the traffic moved in crawl.

I was woken up by my 6yo nephew ready to go to school! It was as early as 5.30am.

Like any other children usually the younger ones would always be overshadowed by their older brothers. My 6yo nephew would observe and copy his older brother in everything he does. For him, everything has to be like what his older brother has and does, thus the little strong-willed nephew established doing basic things on his own independently and refused to be assisted. Every morning he'd take his own kindy uniform off the clothes hanger and put them on.

Children artwork, early exposure helps to develop the aesthetic sensitivities of young children.

He decided to pack his own food for breaktime in his own way that morning. After had put on his socks and shoes, he's all ready although without being able to tell the time was still early to go. By 6.30am, he insisted impatiently that we should get going.

Finally, after deliberately trying to delay some time, so off we went. He was delighted, I was to send him to his kindy for the first time.

Although it was not a place of extraordinary, looking at those kindergarten chairs they sit on is enough to bring me back to the reminiscence and of, 'I blinked my eyes couple of times once during a class at the teacher, because I refused to answer questions the teacher asked.' :)

Observing my nephews only when I chance upon what's triggered me of my interests and knowing them very little except for being their aunt and have been with them for a while now. I realised, the youngest one, being the youngest at home refused to be acknowledged as small. He's dominated by the perceptions that overshadowed him by his older brother even to act like an older brother to every younger ones near him. After had showed me his classroom and what he'd do every morning, he introduced me a female classmate as 'mei mei' younger sister in Mandarin.

Not wanting to be hindered most of the time, he wants to be the first to arrive in the classroom to volunteer himself by lifting the chairs down from the writing desks.

After he's done with all the chairs, he placed his homework on the desk, getting ready for the class to start.

On our way in, we met a lady selling 'hotdogs' next to the kindergarten entrance. I felt sorry for her inappropriate business location where hygiene is concerned.

And on my way out, I met another lady insisted that I buy something from her. I looked at her, thinking we could use of some vegetables for our dinner later, I bought 3 bunches of 'cangkuk manis' for RM3.

More vendors seem to come near the kindergarten selling cakes, packed noodles and all soft of tidbits. It amazed me, a lady sitting on the walking pathway even selling school stationary, children colouring books besides other (tempting children) crackers and tidbits by displaying them on the pathway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde Sands • Ping • Lebanese Girls