The Old Days Bicycles

Thursday, March 26, 2009
My two nephews were having fun and be adventurous with BMX bike ride with the younger one standing on both pegs hanging on tightly by grabbing the older brother's shoulders, the older brother sped on full speed and the younger one busted out in giggles laughter.

While the worry me shouting, 'not too fast!' or 'stoppp!' Nevertheless, I managed to capture them in their actions.

During my younger days, almost every home in Sarikei little town owned one or two bicycles. 70% of us cycled to school (I think, assuming from there were full of students cycling on the road to school those days and we were even given numbers to bicycle parking space) There were hundreds of bicycles I remember seeing during my first year at SMK Bandar, Sarikei.

We cycled to almost everywhere. We cycled to our afternoon school activities, we cycled to places where we'd meet friends and hangout, we cycled to our tuition classes, we cycled to open house during festive time and we cycled to work eventually as well. And I had ever cycled once as far up as to Marudu a village after Jakar Bazaar on a gravel road which is about 12-15 miles from home as a student just to visit a friend on one CNY (Come to think about it now, siao eh!)

Cycling was famous before affordable national cars expands to the side of our town, then they were not many cars running on the road yet. The first car I ever drove right after I've obtained my driving license at 18 was the heavy Toyota Crown belonged to my dad.

Watching my nephews having fun on their bicycles one afternoon had me longed to own a bicycle again. *winks

I had a red colour ladies bicycle as student although the last I saw it was last CNY that once was always shiny ladies bicycle of mine, I used to polish every piece of metal, every wheel and rib on the bicycle every weekend afternoon, now abandoned, it appears to be slowly eaten up by rust.

Weeeeeeee! Enjoying himself. One of my nephews, which the younger brother often over-shadowed by.

Here's the benefits of a bicycle :)

I love this!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde SandsPingLebanese Girls