I have fifteen minutes to update my blog with this simple post *disregard of all grammatically errors, spelling errors and so forth...
First, I had a private lunch... heavenlicious Tomato Kueh Tiaw and ordered a cup of hot chocolate-hazelnuts to pamper myself.
First, I had a private lunch... heavenlicious Tomato Kueh Tiaw and ordered a cup of hot chocolate-hazelnuts to pamper myself.
You just have to try this one out one of these days. Call me, I'll buy you lunch.
On the other note, I was browsing through blogs, reading interesting articles at lunch. Oh, by the way, did you know The Borneo Post has come up with a column called 'from the bloggers (something like that)' featuring interesting local bloggers' articles (promoting their blogs) for reading pleasure? Last week online copy is here. I believe we (Sarawakians) have potential good bloggers around on blogsphere writing interesting, inspiring articles.
An article I read was about a childhood memory of a bloger, that bought me back to my journey in the early school days when I was 8. I remember very well one particular teacher Mr. Lau. Mr Lau was a fat teacher, that's what I can recall his psychical appearance. Mr. Lau was our English teacher, he was always serious, strict character, he ensured all his students achieve excellent results. As the bloger remarked in her piece how her English teacher would make them learn by heart, Mr. Lau did make us learn by heart all the tenses in the language in English. As a good teacher, he did his homework too, compiling notes from few English reference books for our references and made sure we keep every note he gave us until the end of the school day.
And I realised Chinese medium schools are still famous for their 'know by heart the Multiplication in Mathematics'. That was one 'torture' I went through in Chinese medium school where we have to learn eer eei eer, eer eer sze, eer san lieu~ (multiplication in Mandarin) first thing before Mathematics lessons started. We chanted in sing-song-manner the first year of our primary school to learn the multiplication by heart. Anyone who failed to memorise would be punished standing through the two periods of Mathematics lessons yet it was a painful-fun we had as students, we compete with each other to see who's the first to finish multiply by 12. It built in us a useful human calculator at the end of the day.
Come back to my initial post with the blog title 'Blog backgrounds' before I got carried away with stories and tales of once upon a time.
I've learned they are about 700 million blogs out there. Today, 1 in 10 persons is a blogger and Internet has allowed freedom of speech either you like it or not.
But don't be too overwhelmed with the 'freedom of speech' on the Internet. The Star reported today six people who allegedly insulted the Sultan of Perak via their blogs or by posting of comments are likely to be the first of many people to be charged under the Communications and Multimedia Act for unwise use of network or network services for making comments, demands, suggestions or communication which are vulgar, false, threatening or disturbing.... (The Star 13 March 2009) read them more on Star paper.
If you are a bloger and fancy girly-pinkies, boy-hunkies backgrounds, here is where you can find thousands of interesting, attractive, sexy,gayish and pinkies background patterns that there has got to be one that suit your identity and blogging style. Make your blog alive and interesting...
From all kinds of animated backgrounds and glitter graphics, just name it you'll find one. You probably need few hours to go through them all one by one. Everything you need for your graphics resource is here.

On the other note, I was browsing through blogs, reading interesting articles at lunch. Oh, by the way, did you know The Borneo Post has come up with a column called 'from the bloggers (something like that)' featuring interesting local bloggers' articles (promoting their blogs) for reading pleasure? Last week online copy is here. I believe we (Sarawakians) have potential good bloggers around on blogsphere writing interesting, inspiring articles.
An article I read was about a childhood memory of a bloger, that bought me back to my journey in the early school days when I was 8. I remember very well one particular teacher Mr. Lau. Mr Lau was a fat teacher, that's what I can recall his psychical appearance. Mr. Lau was our English teacher, he was always serious, strict character, he ensured all his students achieve excellent results. As the bloger remarked in her piece how her English teacher would make them learn by heart, Mr. Lau did make us learn by heart all the tenses in the language in English. As a good teacher, he did his homework too, compiling notes from few English reference books for our references and made sure we keep every note he gave us until the end of the school day.
And I realised Chinese medium schools are still famous for their 'know by heart the Multiplication in Mathematics'. That was one 'torture' I went through in Chinese medium school where we have to learn eer eei eer, eer eer sze, eer san lieu~ (multiplication in Mandarin) first thing before Mathematics lessons started. We chanted in sing-song-manner the first year of our primary school to learn the multiplication by heart. Anyone who failed to memorise would be punished standing through the two periods of Mathematics lessons yet it was a painful-fun we had as students, we compete with each other to see who's the first to finish multiply by 12. It built in us a useful human calculator at the end of the day.
Come back to my initial post with the blog title 'Blog backgrounds' before I got carried away with stories and tales of once upon a time.
I've learned they are about 700 million blogs out there. Today, 1 in 10 persons is a blogger and Internet has allowed freedom of speech either you like it or not.
But don't be too overwhelmed with the 'freedom of speech' on the Internet. The Star reported today six people who allegedly insulted the Sultan of Perak via their blogs or by posting of comments are likely to be the first of many people to be charged under the Communications and Multimedia Act for unwise use of network or network services for making comments, demands, suggestions or communication which are vulgar, false, threatening or disturbing.... (The Star 13 March 2009) read them more on Star paper.
***
If you are a bloger and fancy girly-pinkies, boy-hunkies backgrounds, here is where you can find thousands of interesting, attractive, sexy,
From all kinds of animated backgrounds and glitter graphics, just name it you'll find one. You probably need few hours to go through them all one by one. Everything you need for your graphics resource is here.

Here's how you add the background to your blog. Click on backgrounds on Glitter Graphics browse through them and pick one.


Once you've decided on the pattern you love, click on it to obtain HTML code copy the HTML code and paste it on your blog's configure HTML/JaveScript box...

You will have *tada* ......
Interesting blog background and best of all it's free!
Tips: Choose pattern with small kb size. I usually pick patterns between 3kb-30kb to allow everyone to load your site faster.
Have a great weekend!

Here's the help: Go to customize blog, click on Layout, look for Add a Gadget click on HTML JavaScript (leave the title blank) and paste the copied pattern's HTML code, click save to finish the process.
You will have *tada* ......
Interesting blog background and best of all it's free!
Tips: Choose pattern with small kb size. I usually pick patterns between 3kb-30kb to allow everyone to load your site faster.
Have a great weekend!



0 comments:
Post a Comment