Woke up early this morning, the clear sky at least gave me confidence that my Niu year clothes on the laundry lines won't go damp musty smell. Checked smses on my handphone and remembered I still owe myst3 8 plates of Kampua. Went for a drive and dropped by a Kopitiam which is not flooded where I sat with no need to lift both legs high to avoid yellow murky floodwater under my seat. Ordered a Kampua for myst3, ate the kampua for myst3... still owe myst3 7 kampuas by the time the waters recede, he's probably back in Adelaide enjoying his summer and I'm back to my place of work which is many kilometers away from crampy-compact Sibu town. Myst3, blame the floods not me! I haven't inflicted pain upon others to make myself feel better....

And finally back to work... seven days of CNY festive break compared to nine days last year as nine is the auspicious number resembling plentiful/everlasting... In Hokkien nine 'kao' means 'you'll have enough, and lacking of nothing' so the generous KL based E&E company gave us nine days off every CNY.


The seventh day of Niu year... cracking kuaci accompanied with few glasses of wine whilst watching movies and avoiding rain. As it was Sunday the kids occupied the 40' LCD screen TV in the living room with cartoon after cartoon on CCTVs. Oh btw, I think I've got to add a little here on the movie Marley and Me, it has been the no 1 movie in America for weeks and the dog dies at the end.



0 comments:
Post a Comment