Chap Goh Meh marks the end of CNY or referred to Yuan Xiao Jie in Mandarin.
The festival ended on Monday night with most Chinese go with auspicious ceremonies of Chinese God Worship Rites at temples with a myriad of fascinating rituals and activities and throwing mandarin oranges into river/sea for good luck and Chinese 'Valentine's Day'...
Chap Goh Meh also marks the first full moon of the Lunar New Year. The sky was clear last night and not as was told, the 15th day's pour followed by recur floods. I spent a little while with a niece and two nephews witnessing the release of fireworks to mark the last day of CNY last night under a clear sky where the moon shined upon us.The festival ended on Monday night with most Chinese go with auspicious ceremonies of Chinese God Worship Rites at temples with a myriad of fascinating rituals and activities and throwing mandarin oranges into river/sea for good luck and Chinese 'Valentine's Day'...
Grew up in where church was the center of all social activities, I never stepped into a temple before thus I don't know much about temple's myriad of fascinating rituals and activities except had read and seen online as was told by other bloggers. I was driving down town yesterday and saw a big paper boat being transported to a location for boat burning ritual.
I wanted to witness at least once on how the ritual of boat burning was being held in Sibu but couldn't trace their location.

Anyway, our Chap Goh Meh's dinner was simple with much plentiful to appreciate for. We started the Lunar New Year with 'Mee Sua' (longevity noodles in chicken soup) and we also closed with 'Mee Sua' beside other sumptuous dishes.



0 comments:
Post a Comment