The 'Niu' Year, Day Two

Wednesday, January 28, 2009
The day two of 'Niu' year, I woke up late with a hangover... sleep deprived.
"The hard working 'Niu' is also known as tough animal usually loves rain and water, rain or shine will not daunt a 'Niu' from working hard." No. I'm not talking about myself :P

It was raining on and off on the second day of 'Niu' year (btw 'Niu' in general means cow in Mandarin) We walked in and out under the rainy sky most of the time as we move/visiting from one house to another.

The young ones, wishing you 'kong sii, kong sii... angpow na lai.'

The Niu year celebration as a whole is about house visiting, eating, drinking and collecting angpows (for kids) while for most adults it's the time to get together and chat :)

More guests coming to the house and many houses to visit on our side too.

More firecrackers to lit off.

One the second day according to the tradition the Lion Dance troupe usually come out to take part in the house visiting. I did not get the chance to have a good look at the one visiting our neighbor's house.

Johnie Walker. No. I didn't drink...






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2010 Swiftlet Love Design by Dzignine
In Collaboration with Edde Sands • Ping • Lebanese Girls