St. Anne Catholic Church, Sarikei at Sunset.
I never thought I'd feel so much a stranger here, it's like I've returned after decades of walking out of it. Walking down memory lane...
*We lived very close to St. Anne and St. Anthony when I was a child...
*I joined their uniform guide as a child although I don't go to St. Anne and although I'm not a Catholic...
*I made my first batch of English speaking friends... I was barely 10...
*I attended one of their Catholic masses after been pestered by a friend...
*I walked into the church and was amazed at the poster pictures on the walls depicting the storyline of Jesus' crucifixion...
*I found a poster of Virgin Mary under the pew I sat that day, took it home and glued it on the wall in the bedroom...
*Never missed their yearly Christmas procession as a child..
*I wore a cross given to me, believing it will protect me from all evils and harms...
*I'm still not catholic...
I never thought I'd feel so much a stranger here, it's like I've returned after decades of walking out of it. Walking down memory lane...
*We lived very close to St. Anne and St. Anthony when I was a child...
*I joined their uniform guide as a child although I don't go to St. Anne and although I'm not a Catholic...
*I made my first batch of English speaking friends... I was barely 10...
*I attended one of their Catholic masses after been pestered by a friend...
*I walked into the church and was amazed at the poster pictures on the walls depicting the storyline of Jesus' crucifixion...
*I found a poster of Virgin Mary under the pew I sat that day, took it home and glued it on the wall in the bedroom...
*Never missed their yearly Christmas procession as a child..
*I wore a cross given to me, believing it will protect me from all evils and harms...
*I'm still not catholic...

0 comments:
Post a Comment